HEALING BREAST CANCER
We now know that breast inflammation is KEY to the development and progression of breast cancer, is not the cause, but rather is a key process that sets the stage for breast cancer to occur. There are certainly many aggravating factors, from foods to chemicals in the environment to lifestyle patterns and genetics—but it is the INFLAMMATION that these things cause that starts the wheel turning. Scientists have shown that an inflammatory process within the breast itself promotes growth of breast cancer stem cells.
However, researchers were able to inactivate this inflammation selectively, which reduced the activity of these stem cells and stopped breast cancer from forming. Although your genes are a factor in your breast cancer risk, it is not your genes that dictate your health but rather the expression of them, and that depends on what genes you “turn on and off” with your nutrition, lifestyle and emotional state (epigenetic factors).
Most cancer-causing agents are involved in either the initiation stage of cancer, triggering the initial DNA mutation (like radiation), or the promotion stage of cancer, promoting the growth of the tumor (certain hormones like IGF-1 found in dairy). But heterocyclic amines like one called PhIP found in cooked meat have been called “three strikes” carcinogens because they cause DNA mutations (strike one), and they promote cancer growth (strike two), and they also increase its metastatic potential by increasing cancer invasiveness (strike three).
*BEGIN YOUR HEALING PROCESS BY REMOVING THE CANCER FUELING FOODS BELOW AND REPLACING THEM DAILY WITH THE HEALING FOODS SUCH AS GREEN TEA AND BAKING SODA.
Common Causes of Breast Cancer
· Of the 59 hormones in milk one is a powerful GROWTH hormone called Insulin- like Growth Factor ONE (IGF-1). It is identical in both cows and humans. Consider this hormone to be a “fuel cell” for any cancer… (the medical world says IGF-1(CANCER FUEL) is a key factor in the rapid growth and proliferation of breast, prostate and colon cancers, and we suspect that most likely it will be found to promote ALL cancers).
· Breast cancer has been found to be associated with increased frequency of mold-fermented cheese consumption. Fungi produce toxic metabolites called mycotoxins that can cause cancer.
· Aflatoxin is a mycotoxin with carcinogenic potency that is found in inferior peanut butter and other nut and dairy products.
· Researchers in 1993 examined human breast cancer tissue and found significant carcinogenic aflatoxin within the cancer tissue implicating aflatoxin and thus fungus as a cause of breast cancer.
· What surprised scientists and doctors was that not only may cooked meat chemicals trigger the original cancer-causing mutation, they may also then promote and spread the growth of the tumor, as PhIP was subsequently found to activate estrogen receptors on human breast cancer cells almost as powerfully as pure estrogen. Even at very low doses, the cooked meat chemical PhIP appears to drive the growth and spread of breast cancer.
· Putting it all together, researchers recently demonstrated for the first time that normal breast cells could be transformed completely into breast cancer just by dripping PhIP (at the levels found in cooked meats) on normal human breast cells. PhIP is also found in cigarette smoke, diesel fumes, and incinerator ash, but the highest levels in food are found in fried bacon, fish, and chicken. Even just baking chicken at around 350 degrees for 15 minutes leads to significant production of PhIP.
· Tobacco smoke contains polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which may explain a potential link between increased breast cancer risk and both active and passive smoking.
· Tobacco smoke also contains hundreds of other chemicals (Cal-EPA, 2005), including three known human carcinogens (polonium-210, a radioactive element; benzene; and vinyl chloride) as well as toluene,1,3-butadiene and nicotine-derived nitrosamine ketone (NNK), all of which are known to cause mammary tumors in animals.
· NNK is a tobacco-specific carcinogen that has been shown to increase tumor cell proliferation and the transformation of healthy breast epithelial cells into cancer cells
Foods To Treat/Prevent Breast Cancer
· Reports indicate green tea may have the ability to help prevent cancers of the skin, esophagus, stomach, colon, pancreas, lung, bladder, prostate, and breast. Green tea contains chemicals known as polyphenols, which have antioxidant properties.
· The major group of polyphenols in green tea are called catechins, and the most important catechin seems to be epigallocatechin gallate (sometimes called epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG). EGCG may help cause certain types of cancer cells to die in much the same way that normal cells do. This effect is important because cancer cells are different from normal cells in that they do not die when they should—they continue to grow and spread.
· Many laboratory studies have shown green tea acts against cancer cells in cell cultures. Test tube studies have suggested that compounds in the tea may help stop new blood vessels from forming, thereby cutting off the supply of blood to cancer cells.
· Dr. Robert J. Gillies and his colleagues have already demonstrated that pre-treatment of mice with baking soda results in the alkalinization of the area around tumors.
· The same researchers reported that bicarbonate increases tumor pH and also inhibits spontaneous metastases in mice with breast cancer.
· It also reduces the rate of lymph node involvement.
· The study results showed that baking soda indeed raised the pH and reduced spontaneous metastases in mice induced with breast cancer.
· The researchers also determined that sodium bicarbonate works by raising the pH outside cells and not within cells. This is an important finding because it suggests that sodium bicarbonate does not interfere with cellular metabolism even as it makes the microenvironment unsuitable for tumor growth.
· Lemon has shown to contain anti-carcinogenic properties as it contains limonoides which are phytochemicals found in a number of citrus fruits. Lemon also has been shown to have strong anti-microbial effects which has been tested in research exploring the idea that cancer is very much like a fungus within the body. When treating cancer as a fungus, various methods can be used and some have found that lemon and bicarbonate can help fight the fungus causing various types of cancer.
· Lemons are also effective in helping the body detoxify. They are rich in vitamin C and help your body neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. Limonene, a substance found in lemons also helps to stimulate lymph flow which is important in removing carcinogens from the body. A weak or underperforming lymph system is a big part of disease promotion.
· Lemon is also used to help balance Ph. These methods of treatment are able to approach carcinogenic cells and destroy them without destroying healthy cells.
· This is the king of spices when it comes to dealing with cancer diseases, besides it adding a zesty colour to our food on the platter. Turmeric contains the powerful polyphenol Curcumin that has been clinically proven to retard the growth of cancer cells causing prostrate cancer, melanoma, breast cancer, brain tumour, pancreatic cancer and leukemia amongst a host of others.
· Curcumin promotes ‘Apoptosis’- (programmed cell death/cell suicide) that safely eliminates cancer breeding cells without posing a threat to the development of other healthy cells. In cases of conventional radiotherapy and chemotherapy, the surrounding cells too become a target in addition to the cancer cells. Therefore, the side-effects are imminent.
· Researchers found that curcumin worked against transcription factors. These are like master switches that regulate genes required to form tumors. When transcription factors are shut off, some of the genes that cause the growth and attack of cancer cells are inhibited.
· A study in Munich as found that curcumin can prevent metastasis. It is well tolerated and can be used for both primary and secondary treatment of cancer. Both prostate and breast cancer can cause chronic inflammatory reactions and the tumor cells produce protein cytokines (CXCL1, CXCL2) and pro-inflammatory modulators. Turmeric has been able to decrease the expression of both these proteins and can reduce the metastatic potential of breast cancer cells. Controlled clinical tests are required before confirming curcumin’s benefits for humans.
· Combined together in food, piperine and curcumin seem to be able to target and kill breast cancer stem cells.
Types of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is classified into two types, based on whether or not it is invasive:
- Noninvasive (in situ) breast cancer: Cancer cells have not spread to adjacent areas of your breast—they have remained in their place of origin. The most common type is ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), which occurs in the lining of the milk ducts. Noninvasive breast cancer is sometimes called “stage 0” cancer.
- Invasive breast cancer. Cancer cells infiltrate or spread outside the membrane that lines a duct or lobule, into surrounding tissues. The cancer cells can then travel to other parts of your body. Invasive breast cancer can be stage I, II, III, or IV, depending on how advanced it is.
Breast cancer can be further classified according to what type of tissue it arises from:
- Milk ducts: Ductal carcinoma is the most common type of breast cancer.
- Milk-producing lobules: Lobular carcinoma originates in the lobules, where breast milk is produced.
- Connective tissues(muscles, fat and blood vessels): Rarely, BREAST CANCER can originate from these breast tissues; in this case, it’s called sarcoma
Inflammatory Breast Cancer: The Rarest and Most Aggressive Form
Inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) is a rare form of breast cancer of sudden onset (weeks to months) and can easily be confused with a breast infection (mastitis). The affected breast is red, swollen, warm and tender because cancer cells have blocked the lymphatic vessels in your breast.
You might or might not have a lump.
IBC accounts for between 1 and 5 percent of all breast cancer cases in the U.S., and is MORE common among younger women and African American women. There have been some cases documented in men. IBC is the most aggressive form of breast cancer, and survival rates are worse than for other types of breast cancer.